The VDX Interlibrary Loan (ILL) system, known as Colombo, is nearing the end of its life with a planned shutdown in June 2024. After a comparative study of the ILL management systems available on the North American market, Quebec University Libraries opted for Tipasa. Not only is it the best software to meet the needs of Quebec University Libraries, but Tipasa is the only software that offers users a French and English interface, along with complete integration with the WorldShare Management Services (WMS) platform and the WorldCat Discovery tool.
In addition, OCLC is expected to complete developments to optimize the WMS network loan by the end of the year. To ensure that institutional users experience only a single change to the interface, Tipasa and the WMS network loan will be rolled out concurrently under the following stages:
- Pilot project with four institutions: The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, HEC Montréal, École de technologie supérieure and Polytechnique Montréal:
- Fall 2021: Tipasa training for ILL staff within the four pilot institutions;
- Winter 2022: Launch of Tipasa and the WMS network loan for users in the four pilot institutions.
- Roll-out across all Quebec University Libraries:
- Winter 2022: French and English training for staff members in other institutions;
- Summer 2022: Implementation of Tipasa and the WMS network loan for all users in Quebec University Libraries.