Quebec University Libraries rolled out the new version of its Sofia Discovery tool over the summer. The new interface is more user-friendly and offers several improvements:
- Redesigned ergonomics for more fluid and intuitive navigation;
- A new smart request processing feature that suggests the most easily accessible document;
- The underlining of search terms;
- Optimized accessibility for the visually impaired;
- A new chat service icon.
Two developments have also been completed involving the implementation contract between the WorldShare Management Services (WMS) shared services platform and OCLC:
- For the Sofia Discovery tool, OCLC began the retrospective enrichment of WorldCat records in July by using equivalences between the various thesauri in the RVM (Répertoire de vedettes-matière). The project is slated for completion in October 2021. Nearly three-quarters (3/4) of Worldcat’s 350 million records will be automatically enriched;
- In the WMS Acquisitions module, the first development phase has been deployed for the management of commitments involving orders that recur from one fiscal year to the next; this will facilitate the work of acquisition teams.